Fireplaces mantels are what really makes a fireplace stand out from the ordinary designs. As well as a fireplace mantel being a design that shows off your fireplace, it also serves a functional purpose too. A mantel is a great place to bring out your designer side by placing ornaments, books, candles or any other object on there and making it look beautiful.
Fireplace mantels come in many different types of styles, from contemporary and elegant to a more natural and rustic feel. Because there is so much choice, it can be hard to choose what fireplace mantel is best for you and it can be hard to even know what styles are actually out there. I created this blog to share with you some materials and style choices you can choose for your fireplace mantel.
- Brick fireplace mantels – When you decide to have a brick fireplace mantel, you can decide what style you want just by choosing the type of brick and choosing what colour brick to have. The best thing about brick is you can make many different looks with it.
- Wood fireplace mantels – Wood fireplace mantels are the most popular as they are easier to work with than most other materials and wood is one of the most affordable. Wood is easy to carve so it’s a great choice if you want to make a shape with it and you can even paint it or stain the wood.
- Marble fireplace mantels – If you are aiming for a more elegant fireplace mantle, marble is definitely the best option for you. Marble creates a very rich style with its colours and will make a room look more sophisticated. Marble is also well known for it’s durability and longevity, hence why it is so expensive.
- Stone fireplace mantels – Stone fireplace mantels are perfect for homes as they are ridiculously hard to break, meaning they can last for years and years without damage. The best thing about stone is you can really create a natural appearance if you use the right type of stone.
- Tile fireplace mantels – Tiles can be found in so many different shapes, sizes, colours and styles. When a fireplace mantel is finished with tiles, it can make it look elegant and contemporary making it great for a modern style home. You can also make this look beautiful in a more old fashioned home too, just by using a different style of tile.
There are many different materials you can use to create your fireplace mantel, just make sure that you get the right style. You want your fireplace to stand out so by creating a fireplace mantel that suits its surroundings is crucial in order to do this.